Shopping terms, conditions of sales, general information
If you agree with the following terms and conditions you may give your order. If you do not accept all our terms and conditions do NOT give an order.
Giving your order means automatic and unconditional acceptance of ALL our terms and conditions.
- All the prices in this site include VAT (Value Added Tax). No tax return or VAT refund is possible for retail orders.
- Please make sure you put a valid email address and also a daytime telephone number in case we need to contact you. If you choose UPS or DHL for shipping, the telephone number of the person that will receive the parcel is absolutely necessary.
- The shipping cost is automatically calculated when you give your order. You can see the shipping cost during check out, before you pay (as soon as you choose the country of destination and the shipping method).
Dispatch of orders
- International orders are sent either by Air mail post, by DHL or by UPS courier. For more details please see: shipping and delivery.
- No goods are sent unless they are fully paid for.
- We normally dispatch ordered goods the same day, or the next business day.
- During Christmas period (Dec.1 – Jan.10) and during August (10-25 of August) you might experience some small postal delays.
- We are located in the island of Chios in the East Aegean Sea. In some cases (not very often) if the weather is very bad we are cut off from the mainland and the dispatch of the parcel could be delayed for a day or two.
- All goods sent are in mint condition. We make every possible effort to pack the ordered goods in the best possible way, so you get your order in the best possible condition. In the unlikely event that goods are damaged by the carrier, this is the responsibility of the carrier and we should not be held responsible. If you receive a parcel with extensive external damage you should refuse to accept it and ask the carrier to send it back as unacceptable.
Customs / Delivery
- We are ΝΟΤ responsible for any customs duties, or any other charges / expenses that may occur in your country’s customs.
- We are ΝΟΤ responsible for possible delays in your country’s customs.
- We are ΝΟΤ responsible if the product(s) you ordered are not allowed in your country (due to customs or for nay other reason), or need a special registration for import, or need special permissions.
- Before you give an order please check what is allowed in your country and up to what value you are allowed to get parcels without paying customs duties. It is not possible for us to know the laws in every country and we could not be held responsible in any way if:
- some goods are not allowed in your country, or,
- if you have to pay any custom duties/custom clearance charges / any extra customs charges. The money you pay for shipping / postage is only for shipping and do not include in any way any extra duties or charges that may occur in your country’s customs.
- if you have to do any registrations or any other documents required by your customs.
- if a product is not allowed in your country -for any reason (customs, national laws etc)- the cost of the return, or any cost of destroying the parcel (instead of being returned) will be paid by you -the purchaser- and we will have no responsibility whatsoever.
- You have to sign to get the parcel. Please do not ask us to leave it at your front door.
- Detailed online tracking is only possible for parcels sent by DHL and UPS. Online tracking for parcels sent by Air mail post could not be very accurate, or regularly updated. Effective and detailed search for very delayed / lost parcels sent by air mail is possible, only through the Greek post office. It requires a written application and takes long time (40-70 days) to get an answer. We apply for a search at the post office only if a parcel is very delayed (over 45 days), or possibly lost.
- If you choose DHL or UPS for shipping and you are located in a “distant, remote or difficult to reach area”, there will be an extra charge for delivering the parcel to such address if DHL / UPS considers your address as “distant, remote or difficult to reach area”.
- The shipping charge for USA does NOT apply to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Palau and Virgin Islands, or PO Box and APO/FPO Address, or any other address outside the Lower 48 States.
DHL / UPS
Parcels sent by DHL or UPS that are not delivered, in some cases they are destroyed because it is very expensive to pay return shipping, or in other cases (depending on the country) are returned to us at a very high cost (usually 5 times more expensive than the original transport cost to you).
For any undelivered parcel sent by DHL/UPS if you want us to resend it you will have to pay for the goods and the shipping again.
Air Mail Post
Parcels sent by Air mail post could be returned to us in the following cases. The parcel arrives at the address that you have given us, but:
- You do not take delivery of it because you are away,
- You refuse delivery,
- In case you have given us wrong address,
- The products you ordered are not allowed by your customs to be imported in your country,
- You were notified by the post office to get delivery but you did not go to collect the parcel
- for any other reason.
For parcels sent by Air Mail.
- if you ask us to send it again you will have to pay the shipping charge for the second delivery to you. The parcel will be resend to you only after we have received the undelivered parcel.
- If the undelivered parcel is returned to us and you want a refund we will only refund the cost of the products (not the cost of shipping) provided the products are intact, in the original unopened packaging and in good condition. This does not apply to parcels that are lost in the post (an extremely rare event).
- We accept returns of the goods you have ordered, provided we are notified within one week of the receipt, and the return is done within 14 days of receipt. All the goods returned must be unused, unopened, in their original condition, in the original packaging. Please contact us to arrange the return. You will be responsible for the cost of the return and the safe arrival of the returned parcel. We do NOT accept return of mastic, mastic powder. We could accept return of mastic oil provided it is not opened and the seal of the cup not broken.
- Disclaimer: We are not doctors, we do not sell medicine or medical products and we do not make medical claims. Any advice we may give you is based on our experience and should NOT be considered as medical advice.
If all the above have put you off buying from our site, we would like to let you know that we are in the sales business for over 35 years! We perform web sales since November 1998 until 2003 through a different web site and since 2003 through this site!